Thursday, June 18, 2015

Toy Trade with The Goodwill Geek

A photo posted by Adam Nori (@heroic37) on


First off, I love doing toy trades. Getting a random box of items that are vintage and many things that I have never known of. One of my favorite blogs to follow is Goodwill Hunting 4 Geeks. I have been wanting to do a toy trade with Derek and often I find myself picking up items at my local Goodwill that I think he would like based on his blog.

We finally got around to a toy trade and I wanted to highlight some of my favorite items.





I enjoy mini sculpted figures like these. I believe these are more modern than my favorite "Monsters in My Pocket" line up. They come from a holiday toy line called "S.L.U.G." which if I remember correctly were a Target exclusive. Why I love these guys is that each one tells a story of personality by just the design. Very cool!


I got a few Marvel items for my random Marvel section. I'll be honest; I like Marvel but I grew up on DC Comics. However since they are a hot item right now, I have gained various Marvel heroes in grab bags from Goodwill and somehow acquired a whole window selection of items. These guys will also make it there soon enough. 


Spider-man is popular and he gains one more for his arachnid army.


These guys took me back. They are from Definitely Dinosaurs toy line up by Playskool. I never owned one or played with them. I know of them due to a VHS tape that my dad recorded for me during a cartoon block. This tape was one of my favorite things in my life and I used to watch it religiously because of the toy commercials. (It had The Real Ghostbusters commercials which I obviously loved.) These guys were in it and this was their commercial:





Damn that jingle....


This shows two decades of fast food premiums. One, the California Raisin. These guys were amazing back in the 80s. Then you have the chinchilla Knuckles of "Sonic the Hedgehog" fame from McDonalds Happy Meals. I used to have this guy and he simply rocks. 



Lastly, they say that the thought is what counts in a gift and I can't help but think that this comic was put in there for a reason. Very cool and I think I might actually read this one. 

Thanks to Derek Ash at Goodwill Hunting 4 Geeks for doing a toy trade. I am always open to toy trading mystery boxes with other bloggers. I also should mention that he dropped in a packet of "Hook" trading cards but being that it is one of my top ten favorite movies, I already opened it and will be adding it to my growing collection of Hook cards. 



2 comments:

  1. Glad you liked it! The comics were DEFINITELY a nod to you directly, since I didn't have any spare Ghostbusters items to let you have (that I didn't suspect you'd already own anyway...) I tried to go next-best-thing. Very fun trade, hope to do it again sometime (even if it took me forever to get my act together and actually set this one up).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's hard to find what I don't have unless you're a super fan so I don't blame you at all. It was a very fun trade and I definitely enjoy the comics! We should do it again sometime!

      Delete