Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Finally!




The arcade is finally at home.

I was lucky enough to have a friend who collects vintage arcade units and has 35 years of experience repairing them. After looking at this unit that I scored from another friend, it was determined that the power supply was bad. I was given the part for free and I paid for labor with a case of beer.

The game itself plays a lot like Guerrilla Wars/Ikari Warriors but with a Ghostbusters twist. You can find some of the gameplay here. I am surprised at how fun this game actually is and with the ability to put in as many credits as you want, you start to realize how these games were made to make money rather than be the story driven games of today. They make it HARD so you die and start over. Clever girl.

It took four men to get this into the man cave. (I am thankful for my firefighter brothers who helped with this after a hall meeting.) The least I could do was let them play it once it made it downstairs.



Because of the size of this thing and having to feng shui this thing into my collection, a lot of pieces moved around and this is now the 6th iteration of the ECTO cave.


I have also added a few new pieces which I am excited to share. Most of them are in this photo so a little sneak peek. I am also interested to see what pieces people are curious about.

No comments:

Post a Comment